Friday, December 16, 2011

Domination! Domination!

Hello, fellow humans. You can call me Domination, or you can call me Supreme Overlord of the Universe, Mein Furher. Either is fine, though I would really appreciate if you address me by the latter. I'm just making a blog for the sake of making a blog. But hey, I do have a lot of stuff to rant about, which is perfect to post on this meaningless blog.

I am born in 1994 and I have lived in Singapore all my life. General interests I have are music, politics, religion/atheism, rationalism and ridiculous stuff, I love ridiculous stuff. I am still a student, currently studying law(I can only be a paralegal when I graduate, sadly) and I have a lot to learn.

Politically, I am a liberal, more specifically social democrat, I advocate controlled markets and social and fiscal liberalism. I believe that everyone is entitled to welfare, and social justice is paramount, economic growth is secondary. I have a lot of idols, my greatest idol is Franklin D Roosevelt, who's liberalism and love for the American people is well reflected through his New Deal policy and inspiring speeches(i.e. The Four Freedoms and the Second Bill of Rights). I'm also a fan of many political writings, such as Karl Marx's Communist Manifesto to Thomas Paine's Common Sense. I would advocate a Marxist-Communist Utopia, but I find it unrealistic as of the present political and social climate, thus instead, I advocate Social Democratic systems found in European countries(More specifically, the Nordic countries).

As for the matters relating to higher powers, I am an atheist and I do not believe in higher powers. I reject baseless religious dogma, and advocate the physical sciences, with research based on empirical, logical or observable data. Obviously I am not a 100% atheist, there will always be doubt whether higher powers exist, so I am 90% atheist and 10% agnostic. But as far as religion goes, I believe most of them are baseless and untrue, and thus if higher powers existed, they would be completely different from what humans envisioned. You might have noticed how I used higher powers, and not higher power, and the reason is simple, most deists and agnostics like to use "higher power" or "creator", but who is to say the polytheistic religions' concept isn't as correct as the monotheistic religions?

So, hi. Enjoy my posts, if you don't, you can refute me or correct me or something,.

No comments:

Post a Comment